Friday, January 7, 2011

9 book recommendations for your weekend

<3

Happy Friday everyone!  If you're anything like me, this weekend you will more than likely find yourself in a bookstore someway or another, running your hands over all of the books, flipping through the pages, and skimming over the first few pages of those that catch your eye.  One of my most favorite things to do is spend an hour or two wandering through our local bookstore, making lists of all the titles I'd like to read.  I can't get enough of books, and before I became a teacher I actually worked in a bookstore.  It was heaven.  And now, even though I've been using my beloved Kindle for over a year, I still purchase and swoon over all of the books in our local shop, and our library continues to grow. Today I thought I'd put together a list of 9 books I really love- some are my all-time favorites, a couple are recent reads, a few are of the young adult genre.  So, if you're looking for something new to read this weekend, bring this list out with you, and see if any of these English-teacher approved books strike your fancy! Have a great weekend.


The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins
She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb
The Glass Castle, by Jeanette Walls
The Center of Everything, by Laura Moriarty
The Uglies, by Scott Westerfield
A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeline L'Engle
Swallow the Ocean, by Laura. M. Flynn
Lucky, by Alice Sebold
The Bell Jar, by Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment