Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend fun (image heavy)

This weekend was really, really wonderful...and incredibly busy!  I spent part of Friday with my sweet Amber Joy, went down to Phoenix and helped my Mom throw a bridal shower for my sister, spent the evening with two of my oldest, bestest friends and our families, got some shopping done for the house, and got in a lot of family time.  I feel accomplished.  And tired!  Here are some photos from the past few days:

Henry and I got a little photobooth crazy ;)





Later that afternoon Amber came over and we spent the afternoon running errands, eating frozen grapes, and looking through interior design photos. So much fun. Now I just need to find her a Prescott guy to marry so we can both be housewives and live next door to each other and do this everyday.  haha.

 

 That night Hank, Henry and I headed down to Phoenix.  The photo below is from the next morning, as I was Moby-ing while helping my Mom get ready for Lauren's bridal shower.  Henry seriously looves his Moby Wrap and loves spending time in it.  And I absolutely love it too.  It's great to be able to move around freely while keeping him snug as a bug (in a rug?).


Henry and his Great Aunt Pat, Great Grandma, and Grandma!


Lauren! The guest of honor.


a bit of the food table.  My Mom did SUCH a great job with everything on her own, since we live hours away.  She's amazing.  If you're curious about the little sign below, I wrote that so guests would write a little wish for the couple (like "always love unconditionally") on the rocks I provided and place it in the glass container.  It's a really cute keepsake for the bride.



already giving his Dad looks like this- we're in trouble! ;)



below is a quick game my Mom had everyone play- different teams make wedding dresses for the MIL-to-be and the Mother of the bride (Aunt Pat also participated).  It was super silly but a fun little ice breaker.  Afterward I did some trivia on the couple, read a sweet letter from Abe to Lauren out loud, and then quizzed Lauren on some "Abe facts."  All in all it was really fun and went quite well.


the winner of the dress making contest, Abe's mama


Lauren's bffs since elementary school/bridesmaids Kelli and Kristin



Lauren and the two Moms!


opening up her presents



Henry spent the afternoon upstairs entertaining his papa while the shower was going on. So cute.





Later that night we headed over to the Loops to enjoy Autumn's delicious homemade chili and hangout with all of our families.  Here's my little goddaughter Chloe in her new kitchen and apron (from us, from Anthro- I forgot to rip off the tag, oops!).  She loved it.


playing Wits and Wagers- have you ever played this game?  We LOVE board games and somehow hadn't played this one before.  I'm definitely going to go pick up our own from Target this week to add to our collection.  Lately I've really been wanting to start a regular board game night.  Who's in? ;)


We tried to get a photo of the boys but Carter was squirming and Henry was tuckered out.


I love this picture of Shirley and her fiance Nate- they're getting married in the fall and I'm so, so excited to be a bridesmaid. Shirley is one of the most amazing people I've ever known in my life, and I'm just ecstatic to be a part of their big day.  Nate's such a wonderful person too, and hellooo, how adorable will their future offspring be?!  Seriously.


Henry LOVES his Aunt Shirley so much. He went right to sleep and was so comfy.


The next morning my family and I went to IKEA so we could get some odds and ends for our home. Can I tell you how much I love that place?  It's so fun to just walk around and get ideas.




Annnd, after a long, long (fun) weekend we are finally home, safe and sound.  Henry is sleeping peacefully next to me, and I'm going to go ahead and join him in a moment.

Goodnight everyone, I hope you had a wonderful, wonderful weekend. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment